Security is the #1 concern for all server administrators. With the increasing number of port scans, hackers are on a continuous lookout for vulnerable targets. Unless you are a cyber-security professional, it is hard to defend. We offer several levels of security and monitoring services depending upon your need. These options are for the server administrators who are comfortable with updating and installing software, but would rather leave the security to the experts.
- How sure are you of security of your server(s)?
- Have you signed up for a free inspection service that Easy Server Management offers and learned about vulnerability in your server?
- You believe that you do not need a subscription but only one time fortification of server?
The Security Hardening plan is a one-time service plan that offers most everything you need to fortify your server today It includes, kernel and software updates as well as firewall configuration.
Members of our tech team have 4-15 years of security management experience and they are constantly exposed to security breaches. Our objective is to prevent security breach from happening. We have developed an extensive and thoroughly tested firewall rule set using the latest technology and procedures. Fortifying your servers before they are put in production is the best approach.
- Thorough Security Assessment and Appraisal: We perform an initial scan to ensure that your server is safe and secure. We also evaluate if there are any potential vulnerabilities.
- Hacker Elimination and Rootkit Detection: We detect and eliminate any previously undetected backdoors, Trojans (services running in disguise), by using our own developed and constantly updated procedure to stop intruders in their tracks.
- Securing of Folder Permissions: We check and correct permissions to folders by users, groups or programs so that there is no undesired directory transversal by your users or programs, stopping them getting to unnecessary areas of your server.
- Configuration of Logging Services: We configure your server’s logging to ensure all problems are caught the moment they show signs of occurrence.
- System Control Configuration and Optimization: We make sure that your server is performing its best through configuration of the system control files, which is essential to the optimum operation of your server.
- Shared Directory Security: We secure shared directories and ensure that hackers cannot operate in them.
- Custom Maximum Protection Firewall: We install a custom EZSM-written firewall to protect you from unauthorized connections (both in and out of your server), hackers and denial of service attacks.
- Kernel Update: We update this to your operating system kernel to its latest stable release, closing security vulnerabilities that may have appeared in earlier revisions.
- SSH Security Enhancements: We implement a procedure that makes unauthorized shell access to your server impossible for intruders. We make sure that you have the most secure configuration of the Secure Shell daemon so that the command level access to your server is secure.
- Upgrades to Pre-Installed Software: You only need one hole in your defenses to let a hacker through-don’t let that hole be on your server. We upgrade all your pre-installed software to the latest stable version released by your OS/Software vendor.
- Proc Security Hardening: We perform a proc security hardening procedure to your servers. This hardening protects your server where firewall does not. This limits unwanted ICMP packets and protects your server from denial of service attacks while keeping the server resource efficient. This also allows an automatic reporting of attackers.
- Deactivation of Unused/Insecure Services: We deactivate services that may be running but you do not need. This ultimately boosts the speed and responsiveness of your server, as well as secures the services that hackers thrive on.
- Setup Name Servers: We modify Hostname and check additional IP installation. We setup or reorganize DNS service and your name servers in a manner it runs in most secure and efficient manner. Most servers around the world are getting increasingly particular about identity and authenticity of traffic communicating with them. Compliance of your name servers to standards set by Internet is one of the criteria they use to accept mail and other communication from your server. In addition your own hostname allows you to personalize your server and enforce corporate branding on your server. These important details are often ignored by server administrators but a professional tweaking of name service alone is worth more than what we charge for our full service package because it improves your search engine placement.
Supported Operating Systems:
- All versions of Microsoft Windows
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- CentOS 3.x
- CentOS 4.x
- CentOS 5.x
- CentOS 6.x
Supported Control Panels and Applications:
- Plesk and CPanel
- My-SQL and PostgreSQL
- WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Jboss
- Sendmail, Exim, QMail, PhpMail
Price: $150.00 One Time Setup
Multiple server discounts are available,
contact for more information
Live Support: Live support via instant messaging software billed in 15 minute increments at our discounted rate of $45.00 USD/hour.
Overage: In any month when time is to exceed the 10 hour package: Prior written approval will be required from the client unless a pre-authorized “not to exceed” time period has been established. All additional hours will be billed at the discounted rate of $45.00 USD/hour.
*Setup fee and first month’s service due upon signing
*Monthly fee will be due on the anniversary date of your signup and is not prorated to the beginning of each month.